Monday, August 06, 2007

Going Back to Cali

Even though I live in Tennessee and work for a company based in California, I rarely have to actually travel to California. But this week, that rare exception is occurring, and I'm off to the Golden State, where I'll be staying for about five days. I'll primarily be staying in the Monterey-Salinas area.

It's mostly for business, but hopefully this trip will also involve visiting with some old friends. And eating some real Mexican food. (I love living in Tennessee, but what we have here that is called "Mexican food" mostly isn't).

I still hope to do a wrap-up of my thoughts and feelings following The 40 Day Fast. But like my favorite superhero Brant, I've been addicted to playing a lot of "First Life" lately.

It seems like the blogosphere has been a little slow lately. I think that's pretty normal this time of year, with summer being in full swing and everyone traveling and taking vacations, or swimming or hiking, or whatever else. Looks like we'll be doing all that vacation stuff later in August or early in September this year. My wife has never been to Pennsylvania (or anyplace else in that general vicinity), and I have a lot of family up that way, and a sister who lives in Northern Virginia. We're still trying to figure out who is going to travel where to see whom, and who will be hosting what, and on which date it will all be occurring, and all that. (My wife is much better at all the planning and figuring schedules out. So I'll just let her do her magic).

Not sure if I'll have time to blog from California -- but if not, I'm sure my public will eagerly await my return.

Useless trivia for the day: Reno, Nevada is west of Los Angeles, California.

3 comments: